Sweet tooth anyone?
The Pie Slice and Cupcake Pincushions were some of my very first products I made and sold over ten years ago when I was developing Chicken Boots.
They're easy and quick to sew and the possibilities are endless!
Skill Level: Adventurous Advanced Beginner
- Cupcake: 4" tall x 3" diameter
- Pie Slice: 2.5” tall x 4” wide x 5” long
- List of Materials Needed and Finished Measurements
- All Pattern Pieces for Both Pincushions
- Link to a Sewing Video Tutorial
- Written Sewing Instructions (non-illustrated)
- Nine Total Pages (Printable on a home printer with 8 1/2" x 11" or A4 paper)
Scraps are enough to make either Pincushion.
With a Fat Quarter or Quarter of a Yard of each material listed you can make one of each plus more.
- Wool Felt or Canvas (craft felt can be a bit flimsy but you can reinforce it with some fabric behind it) (it's not too hard to find wool felt with a quick search! And I think the blends work pretty good.You can get one Pie and one Cupcake from a 12" x 18" piece. You can get a 3-4 Cupcakes OR barely two Pie Slices (maybe) from a 12" x 18" piece)
- Woven Cotton print for: Cupcake Ruffle, Cupcake Top, Pie Ruffle, Pie Filling
- Stiffener and/or interfacing
- Something to weight your Pincushion
Download links expire after 5 download attempts. Once you receive your link, download it immediately and save it to a file on your computer so you have it forever. (Downloads usually appear at the bottom of the web page in the bottom left corner and also in your Downloads folder on your computer; You can also search your computer to find them.)
- Once you purchase the pattern, it will be emailed to you instantly. Check your spam folder if you don't see it.
- This is a PDF pattern to be printed by you. There are no printed patterns for sale at this time. It is only nine pages total including patterns and instructions and taping is not necessary.
- Print using Actual Size or 100% (no scaling) and reference either the 1" square or 5 cm square for size accuracy.
- You're welcome to make and sell the Cupcake or Pie Slice Pincushion if you have purchased the pattern but only if you're on a home-based business scale. Please use the hashtag so we can feature your creations!
Share what you make! Or check out the hashtags to see the Pincushions made by others!
#SSCupcake #SewSewPatterns #SSPieSlice