This is a PDF Sewing pattern. It comes with printable pattern pieces, instructions, and a separate Word document with the link to the video inside. The How To video is about 23 minutes. The PDF is eight pages.
Sewing Level: Advanced Beginner
Fabric: Wovens, cottons
Simple to sew, compact, and universal.
- Elastic Closure
- See-through Coin and I.D. Pockets
- Six Card Slots and a Billfold
Measures 5” wide x 4.25” tall when closed and 11.5” tall when open and flat.
Great for gifts, fast to sew, and great for scrap busting too.
Outer Fabric can be any woven fabric. You can have a lot of fun with it. I use a stiffener in between the outer and lining but if your fabrics are thick or very stable, you can skip it. I often use a cotton lining that ranges from lawn to quilting cotton or light weight canvas.
The photos show wallets using:
- Denim outer (houses) and cotton lining with stiffener.
- Solid is a canvas outer with cotton lining and stiffener,
- Dogs are a textured cotton sort of like Bark Cloth with a cotton lining and stiffener.
- The map is a cotton outer and lining with stiffener.
Yardage (You can use small pieces and scraps for all of it):
Outer Fabric: /4 yard
Lining Fabric: 1/4 yard
Stiffener: 1/4 yard (if you don't have stiffener, you can use interfacing or an extra layer of canvas.)
Zipper: 1 @ 5"
3/8" elastic: 9.5"
1.375" wide Bias Binding: 60"
- Download links expire after 5 download attempts. You will receive a link to a .zip file to download. There are three files inside. Instructions and Print-at-Home Pattern (both PDFs) and a Read Me file that is in Word- this file contains a private link to your YouTube video tutorial. Once you receive the link to your .zip file, download it immediately and save it to a file on your computer so you have it forever. (Downloads usually appear at the bottom of the web page in the bottom left corner and also in your Downloads folder on your computer; You can also search your computer to find them.)
- Once you purchase the pattern, it will be emailed to you instantly. Check your spam folder if you don't see it. The Download link is also on the purchase confirmation page when you finish your transaction, just give it a few seconds to load.
- Please read the Read Me file for your Video link and helpful printing tips!
- You're welcome to make and sell the Wallaby if you have purchased the pattern but only if you're on a home-based business scale. If you have questions on what scale 'home-based' is just ask! Please use the hashtag so we can feature your creations!
Click the images below to see a live stream (Your how to video is a different video):
Notes: This was a pattern we sold in a limited edition subscription box from Chicken Boots. It's simple and quick to sew, universal pocket sizes, no fussy to sew closures and it makes a great gift!