(Watch the above trailer)
All the Pocket Styles. All of them!
Every pocket style has been broken down to it's fundamental and useful form. You can use each one as-is or as a launching off point to draft any pocket you desire.
Originally released in two parts explained below.
What Is Included:
- Part 1: Downloadable Packet (29 pages). 10 Pages are Pocket Information, 19 Pages are the Pattern pieces with an Information sheet specific to each Pattern Style.
- Part 2: Downloadable Packet (26 pages). 11 Pages are Pocket Information, 13 Pages are the Pattern pieces with an Information sheet specific to each Pattern Style.
- Each Pocket style has a brief pattern video covering placement, re-sizing, and more and How To Sew videos for different variations. (8 hours total, 8 videos with time stamps and chapters dedicated to each Pocket- there are bite sized video chapters within these)
- Bonus: Top Stitching Tips (for decorative back pockets)
- Bonus: How to Draft a Tummy Shaping Panel or Pocket Stay Using the Hand or Hip/Slash Pocket
- Bonus: How to Sew a Tummy Shaping Panel or Pocket Stay
More detailed information below!
When you Purchase this Skill Building Session, you'll get a download link containing the PDF Guide of 29 printable pages (10 of which are Pocket Information and 19 of which are the pattern pieces and information sheet on each pocket style). There is also a Word document that has Video Links to the Instructional Videos. You'll get your download link on the receipt page and emailed to you.
Patterns Included (part one):
- Basic Patch Pocket (two sizes)
- Patch Pocket with Pointed Bottom (two sizes)
- Patch Pocket with Angled corners (two sizes)
- Large Hand Patch Pocket (two version, rounded and squared)
- Cargo Pocket with Pleat
- Cargo Pocket with Baffle/Bellow
- Side Seam/In Seam Pocket
- Drop Pocket for Horizontal Seam (with or without rounded flap)
- Drop Pocket for Internal Use (with and without flap cover)
- Pointed Flap (two sizes)
- Angled Flap (two sizes)
Patterns Included (part two):
- Hand Pockets
- Hip/Slash Pockets
- Cut Away Pockets (with 4 plus variations)
- Single Welt Pocket
- Double Welt Pocket
- Welt 'Cover' (Jacket Style welt pocket)
Bonus (part one):
Jeans Top Stitching Tips:
- Notes on Thread and Needle Selection
- Printing on Vellum
- Using Continuous Line Drawings
- Sewing with or without a Paper Guide
- How NOT to Backstitch
Bonus (part two):
- Pocket Stay and Tummy Shaping Panel
Each Pocket has two dedicated videos. One is all about the pattern details:
- Where this Pocket is Found
- Ideal Attributes
- Any Special Materials Needed
- How to Change the Size
- How to Add It to a Pattern
The second video is How To Sew the pocket including Variations.
By the end of this Skill Building Session you will be able to know where to put each style pocket, how to sew it, and how to add it to any pattern.
Never be without Pockets again!
Where you will usually find that style of pocket. What are its ideal attributes. If you need any special materials. How to add it to a garment (in the case of patterns like the Cut Away, Side Seam, Hand, Hip, Welt, Drop and Cargo). How to change its size. And any other useful tips using that Pocket style. Each Pocket also has a How to Sew video.
Part One: There are 12 Videos:
Each Pocket has a Pattern Video with information about:
- Patch Pocket Pattern Notes
- How to Sew Basic Patch Pocket
- How to Sew Pointed Patch Pocket with Optional Flap
- How to Sew Angled Patch Pocket with Optional Flap
How to Sew Large Patch Hand Pocket. Two Variations:
- Curved and Lined
- Squared and Hemmed with Bound Opening.
- Cargo Pocket Pattern Notes
- How to Sew a Pleated Cargo Pocket with Optional Flap
- How to Sew a Cargo Pocket with a Baffle/Bellow with Optional Flap
In Seam/Side Seam Pocket
- In Seam/Side Seam Pocket Pattern Notes
- How to Sew Side Seam/In Seam Pocket with optional Pocket Facing
- Drop Pockets Pattern Notes
- How to Sew Drop Pocket for a Horizontal Seam with Optional Pocket Facing and Optional Flap
- How to Sew Drop Pocket for Internal Use for Bags and Security Pockets with Optional Cover/Flap
Part Two: There are 11 Videos:
Hand and Hip/Slash Pockets
- Hand and Hip/Slash Pockets Pattern Notes
- How to Sew Hand Pocket and How to Sew Hip/Slash Pocket
Cut Away Pockets
- Cut Away Pockets Pattern Notes
- How To Sew Cut Away Pocket in Two Variations
- Welt Pocket Pattern Notes
- How to Sew a Double Welt Pocket (Enlarged Version to show detail)
- How to Sew a Double Welt Pocket
- How to Sew a Single Welt Pocket with Optional Flap Inside the Top Seam
- How to Sew a Welt Covered Pocket
- How to Draft a Tummy Shaping Panel or Pocket Stay Using the Hand or Hip/Slash Pocket
- How to Sew a Tummy Shaping Panel or Pocket Stay
Special attention is given to illustrating some of the subtle things happening when sewing a Welt Pocket and an extra sewing video is provided of an enlarged Welt Pocket for clarity.
There is a Downloadable Packet with pattern pieces for each pocket and all videos are also in the Course Material here where you can ask questions and get help right here in the Guild at any time. Only the pattern pieces need to be printed. Total packet is 26 pages. There are ten pattern pages.
Sew Sew Guild
If you're looking for more information or want to be able to take part in a community talking about this Skill Building Session or all things sewing, consider checking out the Sew Sew Guild first! You can purchase this SBS in the Guild and get access to potential Events, Bonuses, a Community, and SO MUCH MORE! It is free to join the Guild, or you can choose one of the Groups. The Top two Groups (Journeyist and Master) get a Skill Building Session like this every month included plus open Workshops, Community, and the Ask a Sewy Question Show!
Check it out HERE: SewSewGuild.com
(You'll find the Skill Building Sessions on the left side inside the Guild if you become a Free member and you can purchase them individually there).