Notions Wedgie PDF Sewing Pattern
This is a very useful pouch! It was a best seller for Chicken Boots since we utilized a see-through bottom. This pattern has an option to use all fabric. If you need to carry more than your Notions Case, the Notions Wedgie fits the ticket. It's versatile, and doesn't take much fabric. It also showcases a cute motif nicely. These are very fun to sew and you'll feel pretty clever too.
As a bonus, there are two sew-throughs utilizing zipper by-the-yard and focusing on sewing it production style. You'll be surprised how much faster and easier it is to sew using this type of zipper! You'll be hooked! You can purchase this kind of zipper HERE.
- Photo Step Sewing Instructions
- Link to YouTube Video with Four complete sew-throughs
- Time Stamps and Sub Titles/Closed Captioning
- Materials Overview
- Printable Pattern
- 7 pages 8.5" x 11" paper
- Four different versions
This is a really fun pattern! Let your creativity go wild with endless possibilities.
There are sewing instructions included however the video illustrates the sewing in detail. PDF has sewing instructions for a Clear or Fabric Bottom Notions Wedgie utilizing a 'purchased' zipper (meaning fixed length). The Fabric version can be finished with or without binding.
You can find cream Zipper by-the-yard HERE.
The Video shows four versions:
1. Clear bottom, traditional Wedgie with binding finish.
2. Fabric bottom, with and without binding finish.
1. Clear Bottom Wedgie with Zipper by-the-yard, with binding finish.
2. Fabric Bottom Wedgie with Zipper by-the-yard, with and without binding finish.
Skill Level: Beginner (especially if using fabric bottom and non-binding finish)
- 9.25" wide x 6" tall x 2" front to back depth
Download links do not expire -be sure to save the email with your download links. Once you receive your link, download it immediately and save it to a file on your computer so you have it forever. (Downloads usually appear at the bottom of the web page in the bottom left corner and also in your Downloads folder on your computer; You can also search your computer to find them.)
- Once you purchase the pattern, it will be emailed to you instantly. Check your spam folder if you don't see it.
You're welcome to make and sell Notions Wedgies if you have purchased the pattern but only if you're on a home-based business scale. If you have questions on what scale 'home-based' is just ask! Please use the hashtag so we can feature your creations!
Most light and medium weight wovens will work for a Notions Wedgie. In general, we always used quilting cotton and that is primarily what is shown in the pictures. For the bottom fabric, you can use vinyl, canvas, or any medium weight woven. You can also use two layers of material if you want to add some body. Hold them wrong sides together and treat as one layer.
- Outer Fabric: 1/4 yard or Fat Quarter
- Lining Fabric: 1/4 yard or Fat Quarter
- Bottom Fabric: 1/4 yard or Fat Quarter
Note: This pattern doesn't take much fabric. If you do indeed purchase a 1/4 yard of each of the above materials, you'll have enough to make three Notions Wedgie complete.
12 gauge matte vinyl is used on the clear Notions Wedgie. Vinyl can be found at many larger fabric stores. It is quite affordable so get the best you can find.
- 9" pre-made zipper (minimum opening length- instructions are provided to shorten a zipper) (If using zipper by-the-yard, you need 21" and one slider)
- 1-1.25" wide ribbon: 6" (About the width of your zipper tape; or you can use bias binding)
- 1.375" wide Bias : 9-10"
- You can find Zipper by-the-yard HERE.
The Notions Wedgie can be made from scraps quite easily!
Here's some sew alongs on YouTube but you get a dedicated video as described above with the purchase.
Here are some helpful videos to cut and sew your own bias binding:
Share what you make! Or check out the hashtags to see the Notions Wedgie made by others and get inspiration!