Sewing Level: Intermediate
Fabric: Wovens, I used a soft twill.
I made size and View (if applicable): Size 18 full belly version, cropped
My mods: Made a pocket facing so I could use a fun print for the lining. and a few fitting mods detailed in the Notes.
Description: Cropped, exposed button-fly, no back yoke, wide leg pants.
Click the images below for videos:
Notes: These were very fun to sew! I used some fun pocket lining backed with a white solid so the print wouldn't show through. My chat said I should stitch angry animals to reflect the angry fish on my back pockets...they got a bit spooky with an owl and moon.
Complete sew-through on the Sewing video including the button holes of the fly.
My fitting mods:
- I sewed the full belly version (and I do have a full belly!) but I had to remove about 1" from belly along the front rise
- Trimmed the hip at the side seam making it straighter and went all the way through the leg 1/2" on front and back
- Brought in the back waist 1" and raised it 1"
- Shortened the overall length 1/2"
- Removed 1/2" at the inseam at the crotch to remove fullness at the back of my legs which worked pretty good.
- I think I could have made the size 14 with all these changes and then just made a larger waist.